* y2038 wiki/roadmap and development branch update
@ 2021-04-23 15:30 Bezdeka, Florian
From: Bezdeka, Florian @ 2021-04-23 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chensong_2000; +Cc: xenomai, jan.kiszka, chensong

Hi Song,

I just moved the y2038 roadmap we once prepared in my personal
gitlab.com project to the official Xenomai hackerspace [1].

In addition there is now a florian/y2038 branch in the Xenomai
hackerspace [2] which holds the current state. This branch is based on
current wip/dovetail, so it's not a stable branch and might be rebased
whenever needed.

While updating the roadmap I just realized that we already missed two
affected syscalls, which (according to the current syscall table
ordering) would be the first two:
  - sc_cobalt_thread_setschedparam_ex
  - sc_cobalt_thread_getschedparam_ex

I updated the roadmap accordingly and re-sorted the table. Would be
nice if you could double-check that again.

Happy hacking!

Florian

[1] https://gitlab.com/Xenomai/xenomai-hacker-space/-/wikis/y2038/Y2038_Roadmap
[2] https://gitlab.com/Xenomai/xenomai-hacker-space/-/tree/florian/y2038

--
Siemens AG, T RDA IOT

* Re: y2038 wiki/roadmap and development branch update
@ 2021-04-26  9:21 ` chensong_2000
From: chensong_2000 @ 2021-04-26  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bezdeka, Florian; +Cc: xenomai, jan.kiszka, chensong

在 2021/4/23 下午11:30, Bezdeka, Florian 写道:
> Hi Song,
>
> I just moved the y2038 roadmap we once prepared in my personal
> gitlab.com project to the official Xenomai hackerspace [1].
>
> In addition there is now a florian/y2038 branch in the Xenomai
> hackerspace [2] which holds the current state. This branch is based on
> current wip/dovetail, so it's not a stable branch and might be rebased
> whenever needed.
>
> While updating the roadmap I just realized that we already missed two
> affected syscalls, which (according to the current syscall table
> ordering) would be the first two:
>    - sc_cobalt_thread_setschedparam_ex
>    - sc_cobalt_thread_getschedparam_ex

i looked into functions thread_setschedparam_ex/thread_getschedparam_ex,
didn't find anything about time64, but i will keep it in mind.

> I updated the roadmap accordingly and re-sorted the table. Would be
> nice if you could double-check that again.

done, thanks

Song

@ 2021-04-26  9:33   ` Bezdeka, Florian
From: Bezdeka, Florian @ 2021-04-26  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chensong_2000; +Cc: xenomai, jan.kiszka, chensong

On Mon, 2021-04-26 at 17:21 +0800, chensong_2000@189.cn wrote:

> 在 2021/4/23 下午11:30, Bezdeka, Florian 写道:
> > Hi Song,
> >
> > I just moved the y2038 roadmap we once prepared in my personal
> > gitlab.com project to the official Xenomai hackerspace [1].
> >
> > In addition there is now a florian/y2038 branch in the Xenomai
> > hackerspace [2] which holds the current state. This branch is based on
> > current wip/dovetail, so it's not a stable branch and might be rebased
> > whenever needed.
> >
> > While updating the roadmap I just realized that we already missed two
> > affected syscalls, which (according to the current syscall table
> > ordering) would be the first two:
> >    - sc_cobalt_thread_setschedparam_ex
> >    - sc_cobalt_thread_getschedparam_ex
>
> i looked into functions thread_setschedparam_ex/thread_getschedparam_ex,
> didn't find anything about time64, but i will keep it in mind.

There is a struct sched_param_ex coming in as parameter which holds
struct __sched_rr_param which holds struct __user_old_timespec which is
not y2038 safe.