Hi Liz, While I haven't faced the same problem as yours, I had some trouble getting mutt to work properly too. These two links were helpful in solving my problem. Actually they help you in configuring mutt, so do verify if you have missed out on any step or need additional settings. Hope this helps you :) https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/email-clients.txt https://kernelnewbies.org/Outreachyfirstpatch?action=show&redirect=OPWfirstpatch#kernel-setup-done (The section on setting up tools) -namrata