From: Salatiel Filho <salatiel.filho@gmail.com>
To: dm-crypt@saout.de
Subject: Re: [dm-crypt] Data Corruption using cryptsetup luks on ARM arch
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 06:25:10 -0300	[thread overview]

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 00:35, Arno Wagner <arno@wagner.name> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 07:19:00PM -0300, Salatiel Filho wrote:
>> Where should i report that i get lots of corruption when using
>> cryptsetup on arm architecture ?
>>
>> - Can not use crypted swap , cause page allocator will fail and my
>> programs will start to seg fault.
>> - Some files just get corrupted on copying...
>>
>> Anyone can help me  debug it , so i can report  developers and they
>> can fix this.
>
> If it generally works, but sometimes corrupts, then this
> very likely has nothing to to with dm-crypt. In fact it
> sounds like you have defective hardware, but more detail
> is needed for even a rough guess.

I do not think  it is a hardware problem since the disk is  fine and
it works fine in other architectures with no corruption at all. And
the page allocator failure always happens when using crypted swap but
there is no problem when using uncrypted swap.

> Arno
> --
> Arno Wagner, Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform., CISSP -- Email: arno@wagner.name
> GnuPG:  ID: 1E25338F  FP: 0C30 5782 9D93 F785 E79C  0296 797F 6B50 1E25 338F
> ----
> Cuddly UI's are the manifestation of wishful thinking. -- Dylan Evans
>
> If it's in the news, don't worry about it.  The very definition of
> "news" is "something that hardly ever happens." -- Bruce Schneier

[]'s
Salatiel

"O maior prazer do inteligente é bancar o  idiota
   diante de um  idiota que banca o inteligente".