On 6/10/22 16:07, Peter Xu wrote: > On Fri, Jun 10, 2022 at 11:38:53AM +0200, Alejandro Colomar wrote: >> It's not perfect, and currently it doesn't detect semantic newline problems, >> I think, but I guess it could be improved in the future. > > Semantic newlines can be challenging as IIUC it's not deterministic? > > I mean, I had a feeling that some paragraph could have multiple valid ways > to do the layout and newlines without violating the rule. IMHO that could > be a challenging part for contributors. > > (Or maybe the rule was deterministic but I didn't really fully digest it..) You're completely right; it's not machine parseable. But it could detect the easiest stuff such as "foo. Bar" for example. And only maybe "foo, bar". But going further, that's a job for humans. And yes, many times there are several ways to break the line while still following the rules. > > But the tool (even without the newline detections) looks promising and > helpful. Thanks! I'll try to make it usable. Cheers, Alex > > Thanks, > -- Alejandro Colomar Linux man-pages comaintainer; http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/ http://www.alejandro-colomar.es/