On 04/23/2018 02:53 PM, Mat Martineau wrote: > > On Mon, 23 Apr 2018, Rao Shoaib wrote: > >> >> >> On 04/20/2018 05:17 PM, Mat Martineau wrote: >>> >>> Hello - >>> >>> I've set up a wiki for our project: >>> >>> https://github.com/multipath-tcp/mptcp_net-next/wiki >>> >>> To start with I've added some information that was otherwise buried >>> in our mailing list archives. This includes a summary of what the >>> community has shared so far, meeting information, and pointers to >>> relevant resources. >>> >> Hi Mat, >> >> Why is the following a requirement for the initial implementation >> >> "Move away from meta-sockets, treating each subflow more like a >> regular TCP connection. The overall MPTCP connection is coordinated >> by an upper layer socket that is distinct from tcp_sock." >> >> This can be done later. > > Hi Rao, > > The idea is to make the MPTCP changes less invasive to TCP by > isolating the socket-level changes in separate MPTCP-specific socket > code. I think "less invasive to TCP" is an important goal from the start. Really, IMHO meta socket is not the cause of MPTCP being intrusive. We can discuss this requirement later, perhaps an example will help. Shoaib > > -- > Mat Martineau > Intel OTC