On 6/5/19 3:13 PM, Eduardo Habkost wrote: >> IOW, I don't think RHEL-7 support as a build platform blocks us from >> dropping py2. We merely need to tweak our build platforms doc to clarify >> our intent wrt add-on yum repos. > > If we clarify the docs in QEMU 4.1, is there anything that > prevents us from removing Python 2 support in QEMU 4.1 too? My take (but not definitive): if we have any CI setups that are testing RHEL 7 without software collections and/or EPEL, then save Python 2 removal for 4.2 to give us time to update CI setups. But if all of our CI setups are already fine, and we clarify the docs, then I'm all for getting rid of Python 2 support in 4.1. Similarly, if we are going to outlaw in-tree builds, let's get that done in 4.1 instead of waiting yet another release. -- Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer Red Hat, Inc. +1-919-301-3226 Virtualization: qemu.org | libvirt.org