Paul Eggert wrote: > We could distinguish "time zone" in the usual English-language sense (a set of > geographic locations that currently share the same standard time offset from > UTC) from "timezone" in the POSIX sense (a history and predicted future of UTC > offsets, abbreviations and isdst flags). If so, the tzdb documentation could be > more careful about using "time zone" for the former and "timezone" for the > latter, and this would make for fewer changes to the GNU/Linux man-pages for > tzdb. I can look into this and propose an updated set of tzdb-related patches > accordingly. I've done that, plus a few other minor fixups, and have installed the attached proposed patches into the development tzdb repository on GitHub. I plan to follow up by emailing to linux-man a corresponding set of patches to the GNU/Linux man pages.