Hi all, I would like to change the init system (systemd / SysVinit) on a per-image basis. Therefore I added both "systemd" and "sysvinit" to my DISTRO_FEATURES. I set this inside my *image-systemd.bb* to make sure that systemd is available as a distro feature: REQUIRED_DISTRO_FEATURES = "systemd" Now I want to prevent the "unused" init system (in this case sysvinit) from being added to the rootfs. Therefore I tried something like this inside my *distro.conf* : DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED = "${@bb.utils.contains('REQUIRED_DISTRO_FEATURES', 'systemd', 'sysvinit', '', d)}" As expected, this leads into the following. So far so good: $ bitbake image-systemd -e | grep DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED= DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED="sysvinit" But the final rootfs still contains sysvinit scripts (/etc/init.d/*) Now the strange thing: If I instead do this inside my *distro.conf* , /etc/init.d is not being created, exactly as I wanted: DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED="sysvinit" So I don't really understand why this solution doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and Regards, Stefan