From: Kashyap Desai <kashyap.desai@avagotech.com>
To: Hannes Reinecke <hare@suse.de>, linux-scsi@vger.kernel.org
Subject: RE: Scsi Error handling query
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 19:03:21 +0530	[thread overview]

Understood this part.  It is single TMF of "task set abort" is what
addressed here.

Is there any harm to do in Low level driver as below for Lun/Target reset ?

Once LLD enter into eh_abort_handler callback, try to do "Task Set Abort"
from LLD as single TMF (most likely convert single "task set abort" in FW
specific format)
Wait for completion and see if things are really resolve. If not, issue
Target Reset (from the FW) which will be SAS Link Hard Reset.

This way driver can  abort command related to associated I_T nexus.
I initially thought Linux scsi error handling actually does this because it
completely traverse all timed out command from error handling thread (which
will be almost equivalent to single TMF "Task set abort")

> However, at this point I'm not sure if 'task set abort' is actually
> required; it
> _should_ be superseded by the new 'transport reset' EH handler.
> On the FC side this will translate into a relogin, which will
> automatically abort all
> outstanding tasks.
> SAS even has a dedicated TMF IT NEXUS LOSS, which looks like it could be
> used
> here.

Not sure if my above comment/query is on same line.