* Roaming SIM card does not get APN and internet connection
@ 2021-07-05 13:12 sebastian.wans
From: sebastian.wans @ 2021-07-05 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

Hi together,

I have a setup where I want to use a M2M simcard from Telefonica issued in Germany. I have verified with a technician from Telefonica that the MCC/MNC's (262 | 03, 07,77) and the APN (iotde.telefonica.com) are correct and have configured oFono to use those and the network registartion props show that 262 | 03 seems to be actually used. However, the IMSI shows that the SIM card has the MCC and MNC registered for Movistar (Telefonica) Spain (214 | 07).

The problem is that the ConnectionContext does not seem to be able to get or register the correct APN and the device is not able to get connection. I have appended some printouts of the different properties.

Does anyone has an idea if I need to configure something additionaly or how to fix this problem?

HardwarePosition:internal
   Powered:1
   Online:1
   Manufacturer:QUALCOMM INCORPORATED
   Model:QUECTEL Mobile Broadband Module
   Revision:EG25GGBR07A07M2G
  [SimProps]
      Present:1
      CardIdentifier:8934076100150326600
      SubscriberIdentity:214074307601315
      LockedPins:dbus.Array([], signature=dbus.Signature('s'), variant_level=1)
      PinRequired:none
  [NetworkRegistrationProps]
      Status:roaming
      MobileCountryCode:262
      MobileNetworkCode:03
      Name:26203
    Strength:40
      Technology:lte
    RSSI:None
  [ConnectionManagerProperties]
      Attached:1
      RoamingAllowed:1
  [ConnectionContexts]
    [/quectelqmi_0/context1]
         Name:Internet
         Active:0
         Type:internet
         Protocol:ip
         AccessPointName:
         Username:
         Password:
         AuthenticationMethod:chap

* Re: Roaming SIM card does not get APN and internet connection
@ 2021-07-05 13:20 ` Christophe Ronco
From: Christophe Ronco @ 2021-07-05 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

On 7/5/21 3:12 PM, sebastian.wans(a)physec.de wrote:
> Hi together,
>
> I have a setup where I want to use a M2M simcard from Telefonica issued in Germany. I have verified with a technician from Telefonica that the MCC/MNC's (262 | 03, 07,77) and the APN (iotde.telefonica.com) are correct and have configured oFono to use those and the network registartion props show that 262 | 03 seems to be actually used. However, the IMSI shows that the SIM card has the MCC and MNC registered for Movistar (Telefonica) Spain (214 | 07).
>
> The problem is that the ConnectionContext does not seem to be able to get or register the correct APN and the device is not able to get connection. I have appended some printouts of the different properties.
>
> Does anyone has an idea if I need to configure something additionaly or how to fix this problem?
>
> HardwarePosition:internal
>    Powered:1
>    Online:1
>    Manufacturer:QUALCOMM INCORPORATED
>    Model:QUECTEL Mobile Broadband Module
>    Revision:EG25GGBR07A07M2G
>   [SimProps]
>       Present:1
>       CardIdentifier:8934076100150326600
>       SubscriberIdentity:214074307601315
>       LockedPins:dbus.Array([], signature=dbus.Signature('s'), variant_level=1)
>       PinRequired:none
>   [NetworkRegistrationProps]
>       Status:roaming
>       MobileCountryCode:262
>       MobileNetworkCode:03
>       Name:26203
>     Strength:40
>       Technology:lte
>     RSSI:None
>   [ConnectionManagerProperties]
>       Attached:1
>       RoamingAllowed:1
>   [ConnectionContexts]
>     [/quectelqmi_0/context1]
>          Name:Internet
>          Active:0
>          Type:internet
>          Protocol:ip
>          AccessPointName:
>          Username:
>          Password:
>          AuthenticationMethod:chap

Your debug output makes me think you are using a kerlink board. Am I right?

If this is the case, your APN is badly configured. Please send
/etc/network/ofono/provisioning file, I'll have a look. Meanwhile, if
you have modified this file, you can try "/etc/init.d/ofono reset" to be
sure to use the latest version of this file.

Best Regards,

Christophe Ronco

* Re: Roaming SIM card does not get APN and internet connection
@ 2021-07-06  7:15   ` sebastian.wans
From: sebastian.wans @ 2021-07-06  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

Thanks for the quick response. Yes that is correct. I'm using a Kerlink iStation. I have configured the provisioning file by adding the MCC/MNC and the APN as shown below. This setup with adjusted parameters works for different providers without any problem but I might have forgotten something here. I also rebooting, reseting, removing the SIM-specific folders and so on to make sure I used the latest file but it hasn't helped.

Best regards

[operator:262,03]
internet.AccessPointName=iotde.telefonica.com

# it's actually 05 and not 07 as mentioned in my first post
[operator:262,05]
internet.AccessPointName=iotde.telefonica.com

[operator:262,77]

@ 2021-07-06  7:51     ` Christophe Ronco
From: Christophe Ronco @ 2021-07-06  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

In provisioning file, you should use SIM card MCC/MNC and not MCC/MNC of
network operator.

Your SIM card MCC/MNC is 214,07. In provisionning file, you need:

[operator:214,07]
internet.AccessPointName=iotde.telefonica.com

As you already did, after modifying provisioning file, do
/etc/init.d/ofono reset to remove SIM-specific folders.

Best Regards,
Christophe

@ 2021-07-06  8:00       ` sebastian.wans
From: sebastian.wans @ 2021-07-06  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)