From: Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@metafoo.de>
To: Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi@ti.com>,
	Charles Keepax <ckeepax@opensource.cirrus.com>
Cc: ALSA development <alsa-devel@alsa-project.org>
Subject: Re: [alsa-devel] DMARC & gmail & cirrus.com
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 13:17:30 +0100	[thread overview]

On 2/17/20 12:56 PM, Peter Ujfalusi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 17/02/2020 13.35, Charles Keepax wrote:
>>>
>>> The way I understand the option to replace the From: header is that
>>> it will only happen for those that have a reject policy, for
>>> everybody else nothing changes. So if the mailinglist is supposed to
>>> stay useful for those with a reject policy the only option is to
>>> rewrite the from header for them.
>>>

>> Rewriting seems like the best option really, I doubt there
>> is much chance of me managing to get the IS guys to change
>> cirrus.com's DMARC policy and I guess we might not be the only
>> people who cause trouble on this front.
>
> ti.com also had issues caused by DMARC policy. We have extensively
> nagged our IT department over this and it got resolved?
> Probably. Not sure, but I have not been unsubscribed lately from lists
> and no complaints on people not receiving my mails... it could be that
> they do not indeed receive the mails which makes them happy ;)
Its not that you get unsubscribed, but everybody else who is rejecting
your mails ;)

_dmarc.ti.com.		3600	IN	TXT
"v=DMARC1;p=quarantine;sp=none;rua=mailto:dmarc-aggr@ti.com;ruf=mailto:dmarc-for@ti.com;fo=0"

The p=quarantine means that your messages forwarded by the ALSA
mailinglist will probably go to spam for people using gmail.

Some other mailinglists btw don't have this problem, since they forward
the signed content of the mail unmodified. But since alsa modifies the
subject as well as adding the info footer the original signature is no
longer valid.

- Lars