From: ratheesh k <ratheesh.ksz@gmail.com>
To: netfilter@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: multicast packets
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 10:47:24 +0530	[thread overview]

> >>What are the policies of your chains?

INPUT  policy is DROP
FORWARD policy is DROP
OUTPUT policy is accept

>> What is your ruleset?

INPUT chain
iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT  -i eth0  -j ACCEPT

FORWARD
iptables -A FORWARD  -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT  -i eth0  -o eth1 -j ACCEPT

machine                    Gateway machine B

I have a machine A . which is connected to a linux gateway machine .
Ruleset and policy mentioned are for machine B . There is no iptables
rules in machine A .

As per the current rule , no igmp packet should come to GATEWAY
machine , since there is no firewall hole in input chain .

But i can see , igmp packets flowing into machine B from internet .

Thanks,
Ratheesh