* ❌ FAIL: Test report for kernel 5.3.4-ed56826.cki (stable)
@ 2019-10-05 23:11 CKI Project
From: CKI Project @ 2019-10-05 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Stable maillist; +Cc: Jeff Bastian, Memory Management, Jan Stancek

Hello,

We ran automated tests on a recent commit from this kernel tree:

       Kernel repo: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable-rc.git
            Commit: ed56826f1779 - Linux 5.3.4

The results of these automated tests are provided below.

    Overall result: FAILED (see details below)
             Merge: OK
           Compile: OK
             Tests: FAILED

All kernel binaries, config files, and logs are available for download here:

  https://artifacts.cki-project.org/pipelines/207647

One or more kernel tests failed:

    x86_64:
      ❌ stress: stress-ng

We hope that these logs can help you find the problem quickly. For the full
detail on our testing procedures, please scroll to the bottom of this message.

Please reply to this email if you have any questions about the tests that we
ran or if you have any suggestions on how to make future tests more effective.

        ,-.   ,-.
       ( C ) ( K )  Continuous
        `-',-.`-'   Kernel
          ( I )     Integration
           `-'

Compile testing
---------------

We compiled the kernel for 3 architectures:

    aarch64:
      make options: -j30 INSTALL_MOD_STRIP=1 targz-pkg

    ppc64le:
      make options: -j30 INSTALL_MOD_STRIP=1 targz-pkg

    x86_64:
      make options: -j30 INSTALL_MOD_STRIP=1 targz-pkg

Hardware testing
----------------
We booted each kernel and ran the following tests:

  aarch64:
      Host 1:
         ✅ Boot test
         ✅ xfstests: ext4
         ✅ xfstests: xfs
         ✅ selinux-policy: serge-testsuite
         ✅ lvm thinp sanity
         ✅ storage: software RAID testing
         🚧 ✅ Storage blktests

      Host 2:

         ⚡ Internal infrastructure issues prevented one or more tests (marked
         with ⚡⚡⚡) from running on this architecture.
         This is not the fault of the kernel that was tested.

         ✅ Boot test
         ✅ Podman system integration test (as root)
         ✅ Podman system integration test (as user)
         ✅ Loopdev Sanity
         ✅ jvm test suite
         ✅ Memory function: memfd_create
         ✅ AMTU (Abstract Machine Test Utility)
         ✅ Ethernet drivers sanity
         ✅ Networking socket: fuzz
         ✅ Networking sctp-auth: sockopts test
         ✅ Networking: igmp conformance test
         ✅ Networking TCP: keepalive test
         ✅ Networking UDP: socket
         ✅ Networking tunnel: gre basic
         ✅ Networking tunnel: vxlan basic
         ✅ audit: audit testsuite test
         ✅ httpd: mod_ssl smoke sanity
         ✅ iotop: sanity
         ✅ tuned: tune-processes-through-perf
         ✅ Usex - version 1.9-29
         ✅ storage: SCSI VPD
         🚧 ⚡⚡⚡ LTP lite
         🚧 ⚡⚡⚡ CIFS Connectathon
         🚧 ⚡⚡⚡ POSIX pjd-fstest suites
         🚧 ⚡⚡⚡ Memory function: kaslr
         🚧 ⚡⚡⚡ Networking bridge: sanity
         🚧 ⚡⚡⚡ Networking MACsec: sanity
         🚧 ⚡⚡⚡ Networking route: pmtu
         🚧 ⚡⚡⚡ Networking tunnel: geneve basic test
         🚧 ⚡⚡⚡ L2TP basic test
         🚧 ⚡⚡⚡ Networking vnic: ipvlan/basic
         🚧 ⚡⚡⚡ ALSA PCM loopback test
         🚧 ⚡⚡⚡ ALSA Control (mixer) Userspace Element test
         🚧 ⚡⚡⚡ storage: dm/common
         🚧 ⚡⚡⚡ trace: ftrace/tracer
         🚧 ⚡⚡⚡ Networking route_func: local
         🚧 ⚡⚡⚡ Networking route_func: forward
         🚧 ⚡⚡⚡ Networking ipsec: basic netns transport
         🚧 ⚡⚡⚡ Networking ipsec: basic netns tunnel

  ppc64le:
[...]

         ✅ pciutils: sanity smoke test
         ✅ Usex - version 1.9-29
         ✅ storage: SCSI VPD
         ❌ stress: stress-ng
         🚧 ❌ LTP lite
         🚧 ✅ CIFS Connectathon
         🚧 ✅ POSIX pjd-fstest suites
         🚧 ✅ Memory function: kaslr
         🚧 ✅ Networking bridge: sanity
         🚧 ✅ Networking MACsec: sanity
         🚧 ✅ Networking route: pmtu
         🚧 ✅ Networking tunnel: geneve basic test
         🚧 ✅ L2TP basic test
         🚧 ✅ Networking vnic: ipvlan/basic
         🚧 ✅ ALSA PCM loopback test
         🚧 ✅ ALSA Control (mixer) Userspace Element test
         🚧 ✅ storage: dm/common
         🚧 ✅ trace: ftrace/tracer
         🚧 ✅ Networking route_func: local
         🚧 ✅ Networking route_func: forward
         🚧 ✅ Networking ipsec: basic netns transport
         🚧 ✅ Networking ipsec: basic netns tunnel

      Host 2:
         ✅ Boot test
         ✅ Storage SAN device stress - mpt3sas driver

      Host 3:
         ✅ Boot test
         🚧 ✅ IPMI driver test
         🚧 ✅ IPMItool loop stress test

      Host 4:
         ✅ Boot test
         ✅ Storage SAN device stress - megaraid_sas

      Host 5:
         ✅ Boot test
         ✅ xfstests: ext4
         ✅ xfstests: xfs
         ✅ selinux-policy: serge-testsuite
         ✅ lvm thinp sanity
         ✅ storage: software RAID testing
         🚧 ✅ IOMMU boot test
         🚧 ✅ Storage blktests

  Test sources: https://github.com/CKI-project/tests-beaker
    💚 Pull requests are welcome for new tests or improvements to existing tests!

Waived tests
------------
If the test run included waived tests, they are marked with 🚧. Such tests are
executed but their results are not taken into account. Tests are waived when
their results are not reliable enough, e.g. when they're just introduced or are
being fixed.

* Re: ❌ FAIL: Test report for kernel 5.3.4-ed56826.cki (stable)
@ 2019-10-06 23:28 ` Jan Stancek
From: Jan Stancek @ 2019-10-06 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CKI Project; +Cc: Linux Stable maillist, Jeff Bastian, Memory Management

> We booted each kernel and ran the following tests:
>
>   aarch64:
>       Host 1:
>          ✅ Boot test
>          ✅ xfstests: ext4
>          ✅ xfstests: xfs
>          ✅ selinux-policy: serge-testsuite
>          ✅ lvm thinp sanity
>          ✅ storage: software RAID testing
>          🚧 ✅ Storage blktests
>
>       Host 2:
>
>          ⚡ Internal infrastructure issues prevented one or more tests (marked
>          with ⚡⚡⚡) from running on this architecture.
>          This is not the fault of the kernel that was tested.
>
>          ✅ Boot test
>          ✅ Podman system integration test (as root)
>          ✅ Podman system integration test (as user)
>          ✅ Loopdev Sanity
>          ✅ jvm test suite
>          ✅ Memory function: memfd_create
>          ✅ AMTU (Abstract Machine Test Utility)
>          ✅ Ethernet drivers sanity
>          ✅ Networking socket: fuzz
>          ✅ Networking sctp-auth: sockopts test
>          ✅ Networking: igmp conformance test
>          ✅ Networking TCP: keepalive test
>          ✅ Networking UDP: socket
>          ✅ Networking tunnel: gre basic
>          ✅ Networking tunnel: vxlan basic
>          ✅ audit: audit testsuite test
>          ✅ httpd: mod_ssl smoke sanity
>          ✅ iotop: sanity
>          ✅ tuned: tune-processes-through-perf
>          ✅ Usex - version 1.9-29
>          ✅ storage: SCSI VPD
>          🚧 ⚡⚡⚡ LTP lite

read_all_sys is triggering hard lockups on specific arm64 while reading /sys.
LTP doesn't hit it 100%, but a plain "cat" or "hexdump" works reliable for me.

Doesn't seem to be recent, Fedora's 5.0.9-301.fc30.aarch64 hanged too on same file.
I sent a description to arm list:
  https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/1507592549.3785589.1570404050459.JavaMail.zimbra@redhat.com/