* Coretemp Atom 330, strange temperatures
@ 2010-01-16 11:11 Peter Feuerer
From: Peter Feuerer @ 2010-01-16 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rudolf Marek, Huaxu Wan; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi Rudolf, Hi Huaxu,

I've got an Asrock Ion 330 machine with Atom 330 processor, running
2.6.32.3 kernel. When loading coretemp it shows strange temperatures, like
this:
Core0: 0.0 degree C
Core1: 16.0 degree C
Core2: 0.0 degree C
Core3: 15.0 degree C

Is there an offset missing? When touching the cooler it feels like 40 degree ore something.
Is this a known problem? Is there already a fix?

thanks for your time and kind regards,
--peter

* Re: Coretemp Atom 330, strange temperatures
@ 2010-01-18  9:18 ` Huaxu Wan
From: Huaxu Wan @ 2010-01-18  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Feuerer; +Cc: Rudolf Marek, Huaxu Wan, linux-kernel

On 12:11 Sat 16 Jan, Peter Feuerer wrote:
> Hi Rudolf, Hi Huaxu,
>
> I've got an Asrock Ion 330 machine with Atom 330 processor, running
> 2.6.32.3 kernel. When loading coretemp it shows strange
> temperatures, like this:
> Core0: 0.0 degree C
> Core1: 16.0 degree C
> Core2: 0.0 degree C
> Core3: 15.0 degree C
>
> Is there an offset missing? When touching the cooler it feels like 40 degree ore something.
> Is this a known problem? Is there already a fix?

AFAIK, the thermal sensor has a range limitation, it may report an incorrect
value when the temperatures are ~20C below Tcontrol(40~50). Could you give
some load to it and check the temperatures again?

Thanks
Huaxu