Hi Emil Am 25.02.20 um 18:37 schrieb Emil Velikov: > Hi Thomas, > > On Tuesday, 25 February 2020, Thomas Zimmermann > wrote: > > Non-KMS drivers store state in struct drm_driver. This bloats the > structure for KMS drivers and prevents it from being declared with > 'static const' qualifiers. Moving the non-KMS state into a separate > data structure resolves this. > > > Have you considered subclassing the const drm_driver for legacy drivers. > This way the legacy (pointer) data does not need to be exposed to > non-legacy drivers. I didn't want to do an upcast each time the legacy data is required. I know that subclassing is closer to the style of current DRM, but given the current code base, the additional legacy pointer seemed like the lesser evil. Best regards Thomas > > Not to mention that const data (drm_driver), which has (const) pointer > to mutable data (legacy bits) is a trap IMHO > > Emil -- Thomas Zimmermann Graphics Driver Developer SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg) Geschäftsführer: Felix Imendörffer