* Limit logins or connections to the same target LUN
@ 2019-02-28 15:19 Gionatan Danti
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Gionatan Danti @ 2019-02-28 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: target-devel

Hi all,
I would like to understand if, and how to, limit the maximum number of
simultaneous connections (or logins) to a specific LUN (similar in how
the "MaxSession" option worked in the old ietd).

I am exporting a LUN with a general purpose filesystem (non cluster
aware) and I would be 100% sure that only a single machine at a time can
mount it.

At the moment, I protected the iSCSI LUN with both an IP-based access
list and a username/password combo, but hard limiting the maximum number
of connections opened against it to 1 (one) would be a nice thing...

Also, I am aware of SCSI persistent reservations (sg_persist) but, while
working well, they are somewhat harder to setup.

Thank you,
regards.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico

* Re: Limit logins or connections to the same target LUN
@ 2019-03-04 17:25 ` Gionatan Danti
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Gionatan Danti @ 2019-03-04 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: target-devel

Il 28-02-2019 16:19 Gionatan Danti ha scritto:
> Hi all,
> I would like to understand if, and how to, limit the maximum number of
> simultaneous connections (or logins) to a specific LUN (similar in how
> the "MaxSession" option worked in the old ietd).
>
> I am exporting a LUN with a general purpose filesystem (non cluster
> aware) and I would be 100% sure that only a single machine at a time
> can mount it.
>
> At the moment, I protected the iSCSI LUN with both an IP-based access
> list and a username/password combo, but hard limiting the maximum
> number of connections opened against it to 1 (one) would be a nice
> thing...
>
> Also, I am aware of SCSI persistent reservations (sg_persist) but,
> while working well, they are somewhat harder to setup.
>
> Thank you,
> regards.

Hi all,
any suggestions?

Thanks.

--

@ 2019-03-25 18:33 ` Gionatan Danti
From: Gionatan Danti @ 2019-03-25 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: target-devel

Il 04-03-2019 18:25 Gionatan Danti ha scritto:
> Il 28-02-2019 16:19 Gionatan Danti ha scritto:
>> Hi all,
>> I would like to understand if, and how to, limit the maximum number of
>> simultaneous connections (or logins) to a specific LUN (similar in how
>> the "MaxSession" option worked in the old ietd).
>>
>> I am exporting a LUN with a general purpose filesystem (non cluster
>> aware) and I would be 100% sure that only a single machine at a time
>> can mount it.
>>
>> At the moment, I protected the iSCSI LUN with both an IP-based access
>> list and a username/password combo, but hard limiting the maximum
>> number of connections opened against it to 1 (one) would be a nice
>> thing...
>>
>> Also, I am aware of SCSI persistent reservations (sg_persist) but,
>> while working well, they are somewhat harder to setup.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> regards.
>
> Hi all,
> any suggestions?
>
> Thanks.

Sorry to ask again... does someone know the answer to my question? Am I
posting on the wrong list?
Thanks.

--

@ 2019-03-25 19:13 ` Bart Van Assche
From: Bart Van Assche @ 2019-03-25 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: target-devel

On Thu, 2019-02-28 at 16:19 +-0100, Gionatan Danti wrote:
+AD4 I would like to understand if, and how to, limit the maximum number of
+AD4 simultaneous connections (or logins) to a specific LUN (similar in how
+AD4 the +ACI-MaxSession+ACI option worked in the old ietd).
+AD4
+AD4 I am exporting a LUN with a general purpose filesystem (non cluster
+AD4 aware) and I would be 100+ACU sure that only a single machine at a time can
+AD4 mount it.
+AD4
+AD4 At the moment, I protected the iSCSI LUN with both an IP-based access
+AD4 list and a username/password combo, but hard limiting the maximum number
+AD4 of connections opened against it to 1 (one) would be a nice thing...
+AD4
+AD4 Also, I am aware of SCSI persistent reservations (sg+AF8-persist) but, while
+AD4 working well, they are somewhat harder to setup.

Hi Danti,

As far as I know this is not yet supported by the SCSI target code. I think
the kernel code will have to be modified to add this functionality.

Bart.

* Re: Limit logins or connections to the same target LUN
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-03-27 15:28 ` Gionatan Danti
From: Gionatan Danti @ 2019-03-27 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: target-devel

Il 25-03-2019 20:13 Bart Van Assche ha scritto:
> Hi Danti,
>
> As far as I know this is not yet supported by the SCSI target code. I
> think
> the kernel code will have to be modified to add this functionality.
>
> Bart.

Hi Bart,
thanks for the clear reply, it was really appreciated.