From: Jeremy Kerr <jk@ozlabs.org>
To: "David Wang (王振宇)" <DavidWang@quantatw.com>,
	"openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org" <openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org>
Subject: Re: ANSI Escape sequence unexpected output
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 17:30:18 +0800	[thread overview]

Hi David,

>     when I use the host console via uart to log in to os, sometimes
> some unexpected output is print to stdout, such as:
>
> login: root
> Password:
> Last Login:  Thu   Jan   7  06:52:18  UTC  2021  on ttyS0
> root@intel-corei7-64:~#  ;153R     <-------  This is the unexpected
> output

It looks like you're only receiving part of the full ANSI escape
sequence there (I assume this escape sequence is coming from host
during the initial shell setup). This may happen if the serial
connection to the host is dropping characters.

Do you also see characters dropped if you output a large amount of data
from the host? Perhaps try a `ls -l /usr/bin` and see if the output
formatting looks OK.

What is the hardware serial connection between the host and the BMC
here? Does it provide hardware flow control?

Regards,

Jeremy