On 06/08/2021 15:44, Denis Kenzior wrote: > Hi Alex, > >> >> OK - they say it's fine and you say it's not. I don't have the time >> to be the middle-man here. >> > > I'm fairly certain your vendor's firmware is not following the > relevant standards, but it sounds like they don't want to fix it. What > can I do? :) Yeah I think you are right and I am getting really irritated with them giving me the run-around tbh. > >> Although I'd like to, clearly I won't be able to contribute this >> Quectel support upstream. >> > > Why does it even matter?  I told you very early on that it would be > acceptable to add a new g_at_result_* method that handles negative > integers. > > Regards, > -Denis Yeah ok - what name do you suggest? Also there's a bigger problem here I think, which is that if I parse negative values and try to pass them back via e.g. netmon interface then Ofono is treating anything negative in there as an error. And the DBUS implementation is unsigned for values based on the thinking that AT responses are non-negative. So actually there are a number of invasive changes that seem to need to be made to support negative numbers? Alex