From: "Edmisten, Brian" <Brian.Edmisten@viasat.com>
To: Simon Wunderlich <sw@simonwunderlich.de>,
	"b.a.t.m.a.n@lists.open-mesh.org"
	<b.a.t.m.a.n@lists.open-mesh.org>
Subject: RE: Bonding Alternating
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 15:41:07 +0000	[thread overview]

Simon,

The current scenario we are working with we have two different radio systems
that already provide a layer 2 mesh network each.  To the user they look
like two Ethernet interfaces one for one wave form and one for the other.
BATMAN so far is making it more stable in that the convergence of the
network is much faster.  There is an opportunity for 3 different radio
systems, but the third vendor is unconfirmed.  There was an ask to try to
increase bandwidth if the nodes were known to be close together.  We were
trying out BATMAN's bonding features as using it could simplify our setup
and reduce some of the overhead we are getting with the layers or software
we are currently using.

When you say one hop, do you mean one BATMAN hop or something else?  If it
makes a difference my testing was direct but I think the radios will
actually look like there is a switch between the nodes.

Thank you for looking in to this for me.  BATMAN is doing great for our
first use case.

Thank you,
Brian Edmisten