* Re: qemu 6.0 rbd driver rewrite
       [not found] <92e0ea53-59e1-7ca0-dd0a-e4f350a6e032@kamp.de>
@ 2020-12-09 12:19 ` Peter Lieven
From: Peter Lieven @ 2020-12-09 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dillaman, Kevin Wolf, Max Reitz; +Cc: Christian Theune, qemu block, qemu-devel

Am 01.12.20 um 13:40 schrieb Peter Lieven:
> Hi,
>

> i would like to submit a series for 6.0 which will convert the aio hooks to native coroutine hooks and add write zeroes support.
>
> The aio routines are nowadays just an emulation on top of coroutines which add additional overhead.
>
> For this I would like to lift the minimum librbd requirement to luminous release to get rid of the ifdef'ry in the code.
>

> Any objections?
>

> Best,
>
> Peter

Kindly pinging as the 6.0 dev tree is now open. Also cc'ing qemu-devel which I accidently forgot.

Peter

* Re: qemu 6.0 rbd driver rewrite
@ 2020-12-09 13:59   ` Jason Dillaman
From: Jason Dillaman @ 2020-12-09 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Lieven
  Cc: Kevin Wolf, qemu-devel, Christian Theune, qemu block, Max Reitz

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 7:19 AM Peter Lieven <pl@kamp.de> wrote:

> Am 01.12.20 um 13:40 schrieb Peter Lieven:
> > Hi,
> >

> > i would like to submit a series for 6.0 which will convert the aio hooks to native coroutine hooks and add write zeroes support.
> >
> > The aio routines are nowadays just an emulation on top of coroutines which add additional overhead.
> >
> > For this I would like to lift the minimum librbd requirement to luminous release to get rid of the ifdef'ry in the code.
> >

> > Any objections?

None from me (speaking in my role under Ceph) -- even Luminous is EoL
for us upstream. Hopefully no one would attempt to install QEMU 6 but
expect to keep librbd frozen at a >3 year old Kraken or earlier
release.

--
Jason