From: Oliver Freyermuth <o.freyermuth@googlemail.com>
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Memory corruption kernel issue (potentially exploitable), request for help
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 16:53:08 +0200	[thread overview]

Dear Kernel hackers,

a small follow up: The problem is reproducible with an Ubuntu 17.04 live system.
It vanishes as soon as I disable the Realtek-network-card in the UEFI, put in an Intel card, and use that.

So the problem must either be a kernel bug (then most likely for r8168 only), or a very strange firmware / hardware issue of this specific card.

If you have any further suggestions to debug this (if it's a kernel bug, I would guess it's exploitable since it allows writes to non-userspace memory), please let me know.

Cheers and all the best,
	Oliver