On 3/4/19 1:57 AM, speck for Jon Masters wrote: > On 3/1/19 4:47 PM, speck for Thomas Gleixner wrote: >> if (static_branch_unlikely(&vmx_l1d_should_flush)) >> vmx_l1d_flush(vcpu); >> + else if (static_branch_unlikely(&mds_user_clear)) >> + mds_clear_cpu_buffers(); > > Does this cover the case where we have older ucode installed that does > L1D flush but NOT the MD_CLEAR? I'm about to go check to see if there's > logic handling this but wanted to call it out. Aside from the above question, I've reviewed all of the patches extensively at this point. Feel free to add a Reviewed-by or Tested-by according to your preference. I've a bunch of further tests running, including on AMD platforms just so to check nothing broke with those platforms that are not susceptible to MDS. Jon. -- Computer Architect | Sent with my Fedora powered laptop