On 20.06.22 17:27, Dave Hansen wrote: > On 6/20/22 03:41, Juergen Gross wrote: >>> But I'm only guessing - this needs a *lot* more elaboration and >>> explanation why exactly this is needed. >> >> I will correct the code and update the commit message. > > It would also be great to cover the end-user-visible impact of the bug > and the fix. It _looks_ like it will probably only affect an SEV > system's ability to read some EFI data. That will presumably be pretty > bad because it ends up reading from an encrypted mapping instead of a > decrypted one. Xen doesn't support SEV guests yet. So the only caveat here would be EFI setting up PAT by itself. Not sure this is really a real world issue. Juergen