Hi Am 21.04.22 um 10:34 schrieb Christian König: > Am 21.04.22 um 10:30 schrieb Thomas Zimmermann: >> (Resending, as some MLs didn't like the size of the origninal mail.) >> >> Hi, >> >> thanks for your submission. Some general comments: >> >>   * some functions are prefixed with dla_, others use nvdla_. It seems >> arbitrary to me. Please use nvdla_ consistently throughout the source >> code. >> >>   * For reporting errors, please use drm_err(), drm_warn(), etc. I >> suggest to rearrange the error messages to not be located in the >> innermost functions. > > If you plan to have multiple instances of the driver loaded at the same > time, using drm_dev_err(), drm_dev_warn() etc.. would be even better. I thought that these functions exist, but looking for them now I cannot find them. The macros DRM_DEV_ERR(), etc are deprecated. > > BTW: I'm still absolutely not keen to enforcing drm_* log functions. So > if you prefer to stick with pr_err() and dev_err() we could discuss that > once more. > > Regards, > Christian. > >> >>   * Could you please split this patch into smaller pieces? It >> currently hits size limits of some mailing lists. Maybe add the >> register constants separately. >> >> Please find more review comments below. It's not a full review, but at >> least something to start with. >> >> Best regards >> Thomas > -- Thomas Zimmermann Graphics Driver Developer SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg) Geschäftsführer: Ivo Totev