On Wed, 2020-02-05 at 11:49 +0100, Jan Beulich wrote: > Yet, as you say elsewhere, whether an MFN has an > entry in frame_table[] is entirely unclear, so permitting boot- > allocator pages to be freed via alloc_domheap_pages() nevertheless > still doesn't look any better an idea to me. Hm, I don't think I said that, did I? That would be a new and exciting complication. I think every MFN handed out by the boot allocator *should* have a corresponding entry in the frame table. All the PDX setup is done for those pages, just as it is for heap pages. In fact, some of that setup is *only* done in init_boot_pages() right now, and if page ranges don't go through the boot allocator and end up being transferred to the heap in end_boot_allocator(), things (like badpages= on the command line) don't work right.