All of lore.kernel.org
From: Guenter Roeck <linux@roeck-us.net>
To: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
Subject: Re: Linux 6.8
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 11:06:16 -0700	[thread overview]

On Sun, Mar 10, 2024 at 02:06:37PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

[ ... ]

> everybody who sent in early pull requests, you know who you are. But
> before that excitement commences, please do spend a bit of time with
> the now boring old status quo and give 6.8 a good test, ok?

Build results:
	total: 158 pass: 158 fail: 0
Qemu test results:
	total: 549 pass: 549 fail: 0
Unit test results:
	pass: 215772 fail: 302

Nothing news, really. Unit test failures are retty much unchanged.
- mean_and_variance_test_2 and mean_and_variance_test_4 are still broken
  both in mainline and linux-next.
- m68k:q800:stackinit should be fixed in linux-next
- most of the IP checksum test failures are still present in mainline but
  fixed in linux-next. One notable and still unhandled checksum test
  failure is the failure seen in sh4 emulations. It is due to upstream
  commit cadc4e1a2b4d ("sh: Handle calling csum_partial with misaligned
  data") which is broken and would have to be either fixed or reverted.
  I added it to the regression tracker, so it should show up there in
  the near future.

There are also still some warning backtraces.

- dev-addr-list-test with lock debugging triggers backtraces due to
  conceptual problems with kunit tests (locks are not necessarily
  requested and released from the same thread).
- WARNING: inconsistent lock state in stmmac code.
  Tracked in regression tracker.

Guenter