From: Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>
To: Vipin Sharma <vipinsh@google.com>
Cc: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>,
	Tejun Heo <tj@kernel.org>, KVM <kvm@vger.kernel.org>,
	Sean Christopherson <seanjc@google.com>,
	David Rientjes <rientjes@google.com>
Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the cgroup tree with the kvm tree
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 09:47:04 +0200	[thread overview]

On 22/04/21 09:33, Vipin Sharma wrote:
> First of all, I am sorry that my patch series has caused this trouble to
> all of you. I am not aware of the correct way to submit a patch series
> which changes files in more than one maintainer's territory. Any
> guidance for the future will be helpful.

Vipin, don't worry as you don't have to do anything (and didn't do
anything wrong, for that matter).  It's all in the maintainers' hands;
Stephen takes care of warning maintainers of what will happen in the
next merge window, but as far as you're concerned you're all set.

You can check the current state of the merge in the queue branch of the
KVM tree.  This is what I plan to merge if Tejun agrees.  That would be
helpful indeed!

Paolo