From: Claus Stovgaard <claus.stovgaard@gmail.com>
To: Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com>,
	OpenEmbedded Devel List
	<openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org>
Cc: nerdboy@gentoo.org
Subject: Re: [meta-oe]
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 23:04:25 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Khem.

Thanks for your reply

On Mon, 2021-12-20 at 20:15 -0800, Khem Raj wrote:

> On 12/20/21 1:37 PM, Claus Stovgaard wrote:
> >
> > Looking forward to feedback on this.
> >
> > Do you prefer to include patch text in the request-pull?
>

> this looks good. Also check at layers.openembedded.org to see if some
> other layer is maintaining them already. If not then send it as patches

usbip-tools and gutenprint is not provided by any other layers as far
as I can see.

pycups is also available in meta-printing.
https://github.com/rossburton/meta-printing

Though it seems to be discontinued, and only support zeus and dunfell
so would significant work to get updated. Though it might be relevant.
Have added Steve Arnold to the list (maintainer for meta-printing). so
he can comment about the status of meta-printing.

I split the patch's up in 3 emails, as they can be assessed individual
and depending on the results of the review, some might be easier to
include.

Regards
Claus