Hi Pavel, On 12/29/2018 03:49 AM, Pavel Machek wrote: > Hi! > > Motorola phones use "interesting" setup. > > There's qmi and "normal" (but very buggy) AT interface on > them. Unfortunately that uses USB and uses too much power (which is a > problem on phone). > > Plus there's /dev/motmdm1, motmdm3 and motmdm9, multiplexed over > serial line. Kernel 27.010 multiplexer or something else entirely? > > It uses subset of AT commands (good) with slightly modified > protocol... it says ":OK" instead of "OK" and puts ~ before > unsolicited messages. Funny > > Other major difference is that commands need to be sent to the right > device. It seems motmdm1 is for status and call control, and motmdm9 > is for incoming sms. > > I guess that right way to do this is to introduce > drivers/motorolamodem (or can we just have drivers/motorola?). > For some weird historic reason we called the atom drivers and thus the subdirectory housing the relevant sources with the 'modem' suffix. So I guess we should stick to that just to be consistent. We can have a separate discussion on whether it makes sense to drop the 'modem' suffix and what the implications are (probably none). If we decide to drop the suffix, then we should/will do it for all drivers. Regards, -Denis