From: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@ORACLE.COM>
To: Juergen Gross <juergen.gross@ts.fujitsu.com>,
	xen-devel@lists.xensource.com
Subject: RE: RFC: automatic NUMA placement
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 08:52:07 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

I am in favor of this being optional rather than default.
It is another case of the tradeoff between performance
and flexibility that I have ranted about several times
on xen-devel, and Xen's policy seems to be fairly random
(sometimes Xen chooses performance over flexibility and
sometimes the opposite).

I went looking through xen-devel archives for a previous
discussion on this (and to find when the code got added)
but couldn't find it... if you have links to the patch
and discussion, please post.