Thanks for the patch, just tested the rtl8xxxu-devel branch and it seems to have the same exact issue with the same dmesg output with the addition of "rtl8192eu_active_to_emu: Disabling MAC timed out" when I disconnect the dongle. I checked out and compiled the whole kernel from the branch because the 4.7.4 sources seemed to be missing the rtl8192eu_active_to_emu function. These are the main networking scripts provided by Linux From Scratch, by the way: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/7.10/scripts/apds24.html http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/7.10/scripts/apds26.html On 10/01/2016 01:39 AM, Jes Sorensen wrote: > I just pushed a patch into rtl8xxxu-devel which may resolve this issue. > There were problems with the 8192eu not handling driver reload very > well. It is possible the network scripts you run would trigger the shut > down and restart that caused this problem. > > I would be interested in knowing if this patch resolves the problem for > you. > > Jes > > PS: Please fix your mail client - adding unlisted-recipients to the Cc > line and cutting out the person you are responding to is really > annoying. >