From: Chinmoy Chakraborty <chinmoy12c@gmail.com>
To: Bagas Sanjaya <bagasdotme@gmail.com>, git@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [GSoC] Draft Proposal (Convert submodule to builtin)
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2021 12:34:51 +0530	[thread overview]

On 4/2/21 11:02 AM, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:
> Looking from your proposal, you seems like you're using Kali Linux as
> daily driver. Why do you do that?

Well I've tried various Linux distros (including ubuntu, mint). I have been

using Kali linux for 4 years now, and at this point of time it's rather just

a personal preference. I am interested in pen testing too as a general

hobby, so I need the tool-set provided by Kali every once in a while :).

> I know these helper functions will be required for porting
> `git-submodule.sh`
> and used by `module_add()`, but do you have any justification for these?

All the functions listed above was based on the previous work and
discussions.

I read through all the versions of the patches and studied the issues faced

and then structured a proper skeleton of the design. You may follow the

previous work through :

https://lore.kernel.org/git/20201214231939.644175-1-periperidip@gmail.com/

> Anyway, I copy-pasted the quotation above from your proposal in PDF
> format.
> but when I pasted it into text-only mail, it looks rather ugly.
> So next time when sending GSoC proposal for Git, I would like to see
> proposals in Markdown format (as well as PDF) for the reason above.
>
> Thanks.

Sure I'll do that :). Thanks for the review.

Regards,

Chinmoy Chakraborty.