On 30.10.22 17:39, Borislav Petkov wrote: > On Sun, Oct 30, 2022 at 04:05:29PM +0100, Juergen Gross wrote: >> As the specific ops variables are available for X86_32 only, this >> would require to add an "#ifdef CONFIG_X86_32" around the code block >> doing the assignments. Otherwise the build would fail. > > Well, it looks like my compiler is smart enough and eliminates all that > dead code, see diff below. > > I have the suspicion, though, that clang might not be that smart. Hmm, with the cpu_feature_enabled() implementation it should be quite obvious that this is all dead code. I'm going with dropping the vendor_mtrr_ops() macro for now. Juergen