* i.MX RT1050 toolchain
@ 2020-10-16  7:05 Andy Pont
From: Andy Pont @ 2020-10-16  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Giulio,

Is there a preferred / recommended toolchain for building U-Boot for the
i.MX RT10xx platforms or should any recent ARM cross compiler work?

-Andy.

* i.MX RT1050 toolchain
@ 2020-10-16 16:48 ` Giulio Benetti
From: Giulio Benetti @ 2020-10-16 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Andy,

On 10/16/20 9:05 AM, Andy Pont wrote:
> Hi Giulio,
>
> Is there a preferred / recommended toolchain for building U-Boot for the
> i.MX RT10xx platforms or should any recent ARM cross compiler work?

It should compile fine with any recent ARM cross-compiler.

Please let me know if it builds correctly

Best regards
--
Giulio Benetti
Benetti Engineering sas

* i.MX RT1050 toolchain
@ 2020-10-17 12:53   ` Andy Pont
From: Andy Pont @ 2020-10-17 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Giulio wrote...
>>Is there a preferred / recommended toolchain for building U-Boot for the
>>i.MX RT10xx platforms or should any recent ARM cross compiler work?
>
>It should compile fine with any recent ARM cross-compiler.
>
>Please let me know if it builds correctly
I used the arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc v10.1.0 compiler available from
www.kernel.org and it has built fine. Now I have a working toolchain I
can start adding the new board.

-Andy.

* i.MX RT1050 toolchain
@ 2020-10-18  9:52     ` Giulio Benetti
From: Giulio Benetti @ 2020-10-18  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 10/17/20 2:53 PM, Andy Pont wrote:
> Giulio wrote...
>>> Is there a preferred / recommended toolchain for building U-Boot for the
>>> i.MX RT10xx platforms or should any recent ARM cross compiler work?
>> It should compile fine with any recent ARM cross-compiler.
>> Please let me know if it builds correctly
> I used the arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc v10.1.0 compiler available from
> www.kernel.org and it has built fine. Now I have a working toolchain I
> can start adding the new board.

Perfect, I suggest you to test it on a EVK before than going with your
custom board if you can, and after port your board, that should make it
easier.

Kind regards
--
Giulio Benetti
Benetti Engineering sas

* i.MX RT1050 toolchain
@ 2020-10-18 12:53       ` Andy Pont
From: Andy Pont @ 2020-10-18 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Giulio wrote?

>Perfect, I suggest you to test it on a EVK before than going with your
>custom board if you can, and after port your board, that should make it
>easier.
I certainly will do! One supplementary question? what did you use U-Boot
to boot?  I?m looking to get uClinux running on it.  As a starting point
I have only been able to find the BSP from EmCraft[1] but at kernel
version 4.5 it is quite old.

-Andy.

1 - https://www.emcraft.com/products/979

* i.MX RT1050 toolchain
@ 2020-10-18 15:58         ` Giulio Benetti
From: Giulio Benetti @ 2020-10-18 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

> Il giorno 18 ott 2020, alle ore 14:53, Andy Pont <andy.pont@sdcsystems.com> ha scritto:
>
> ?Giulio wrote?
>
>> Perfect, I suggest you to test it on a EVK before than going with your
>> custom board if you can, and after port your board, that should make it
>> easier.
> I certainly will do! One supplementary question? what did you use U-Boot to boot?  I?m looking to get uClinux running on it.  As a starting point I have only been able to find the BSP from EmCraft[1] but at kernel version 4.5 it is quite old.

I?ve started to port i.MXRT to Linux too but for the moment I?ve paused it. You can find it here

https://github.com/giuliobenetti/linux-imxrt

All patches are WIP.

Honestly I?ve stopped it since I?ve seen no much interest on it.
My idea was to create a complete BSP in Buildroot with UBoot, Linux and a basic File System.

If you interested and want also to contribute to I can restart so develop in spare time.

Let me know

Best regards

Giulio