The python script attached is a try at providing a sane conversion from Darcs to GIT. It tries to map darcs conflict resolutions onto git branch merges. Regarding GFI, it's a breeze to work with; my compliments to its author. My only gripe is the need to specify a branch for each commit. Darcs uses changeset based storage. It doesn't really have branches, but it does record divergent changes and merges of resulting conflicts. Hence, it's not clear which refs/head/BRANCH should be used when creating a commit object. I found it easiest to write each commit to a refs/head/darcs-tmp-COUNT branch, use the reset command to specify at the end which commits are tops of branches, and delete the temporary branches. So, my feature request: please make the "commit" command always accept a "from" command, and make the "refs" argument optional. This will cleanup my converter, and separate out two logical functions of the gfi "commit" command: creating a commit object, and advancing the head ref. -- Han-Wen Nienhuys - hanwen@xs4all.nl - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen