From: Tej <bewith.tej@gmail.com>
To: Simon Horman <horms@verge.net.au>
Cc: Leonard Michelet <leonard.michelet@gmail.com>,
	xen-devel@lists.xensource.com
Subject: Re: VT-d HowTo Update
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 14:58:23 +0530	[thread overview]

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 6:33 AM, Simon Horman <horms@verge.net.au> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 09:13:33AM +1000, Simon Horman wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 07:11:00AM -0700, Leonard Michelet wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi, Simon
>> > I've read it, and it's much more complete than before. Thanks a lot.
>> > Beside, you don't write about the library PCI devel that you need when you
>> > compile Xen to enable PCI passtrought, and so, the use of VT-d. Debian
>> > package is libpci_dev.
>> > Is this library still necessary to use VT-d? If yes, shouldn't you write
>> > about it in this wiki page?
>> > with this lib.
>>
>> Yes, I lost some time due to that too, and it is neccessary.
>>
>> I tried to avoid discussing compilation issues as its a bit of a can of
>> worms because they are usually very dependant on the system in use.
>> But this probably is worth a mention.
>
> I have updated the HowTo with some information on this.
>
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/VTdHowTo

Some typo i guess.

>From VTdHowTo:
"VT-d Device Hot-Unplug

VT-d hot-unplug refers to detaching a pass-through device from a
running HVM domain. The device may have been attached using boot-time
VT-d device pass-through or VT-d device hot-plug.

xm's pci-attach command is used to perform hot-unplug."
              ^^^^^
should be detach right?