From: Vijay Nikam <vijay.t.nikam@gmail.com>
To: michael@ellerman.id.au
Cc: linuxppc-dev@ozlabs.org
Subject: Re: request_irq return errno 38
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:43:26 +0530	[thread overview]

Ok ... so that means if I am writing driver for any device I need to
take care of this mapping ? ? ? I mean I should use virq ? ? ?

I read in LDD book, they give directly irq no. they have given
parallel port example, here they have set or said irq no. defaults to
7 and they have not done any irq_mapping so what is the difference ? ?
? I mean how I should know when to use irq_mapping and when not ? ? ?

Also is it some difference between writng drivers on embedded Linux
level and Linux PC (i386) ? ? ?

Sorry for perhaps these basic questions as kind of new to Linux kernel
programming ... :-)

Kindly please acknowledge ... thank you ...

Kind Regards,
Vijay Nikam