On 11/12/18 04:25, speck for Andi Kleen wrote: > Okay. > > We'll have to disable interrupts in that window, but that > should be ok. > > I guess it could be also set in some skb_* functions to catch > the network cases. > > Or maybe setting when calling into unaudited code in interrupts/timers? > > And the flag would allow a "paranoid" mode which sets > it unconditionally. That sounds a lot like kvm_get_cpu_l1tf_flush_l1d and kvm_clear_cpu_l1tf_flush_l1d. Maybe we can just add another bit in irq_cpustat_t's kvm_cpu_l1tf_flush_l1d, which would be cleared on return to userspace before doing the verw stuff. Paolo