From: Matt Flax <flatmax@flatmax.org>
To: buildroot@busybox.net
Subject: [Buildroot] aarch64 : g++ is not working
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 09:50:52 +1000	[thread overview]

Hi there,

I have found that g++ is not working with aarch64. Not sure why it isn't
working. If others can verify this problem, it is a pretty big show stopper.

I have checked the problem with rtorrent like so :

BR2_aarch64=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_BUILDROOT_CXX=y
BR2_PACKAGE_RTORRENT=y

When I execute rtorrent :

# rtorrent

/usr/bin/rtorrent: symbol '_ZSt15__once_callable': can't handle reloc
type 0x407

Any one got any ideas on how to get g++ working with aarch64 and buildroot ?

I have tried to test on qemu like so :

make qemu_aarch64_virt_defconfig
make menuconfig # enable cxx and rtorrent

However, when I try to run qemu (looking at the file
board/qemu/aarch64-virt/readme.txt) the kernel doesn't output during
boot  - any suggestions on how to make this work ? I use the following
command :

qemu-system-aarch64 -M virt -cpu cortex-a57 -nographic -smp 1 -kernel
output/images/Image -append "console=ttyAMA0" -netdev user,id=eth0
-device virtio-net-device,netdev=eth0

thanks

Matt