From: Michael Schmitz <schmitzmic@gmail.com>
To: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de>,
	Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Cc: Linux/m68k <linux-m68k@vger.kernel.org>,
	Debian m68k <debian-68k@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: Status of the FB drivers on m68k
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 04:45:02 +1300	[thread overview]

Hi Adrian,

>> For CyberVision 64, CyberVision 64/3D, and Retina/Z3, the amount of work
>> shouldn't be that big. Just revert commit e019630e78e3482c, and look how
>> other fbdev driver were converted to the new framework.
>
> Alright. I hope you, Michael Schmitz and Michael Karcher will be around

Take a look at commit a100501212f2e26bb6d70bfb5c55eefd90e22b65 for the
initial conversion please (use -b -w to cut down on whitespace changes
shown). Warning: lots of formatting changes make this quite hard to follow.

I'm sure I looked at changes to amifb.c to figure out how the fbdev
interface had changed. Haven't found that in current git history but it
should be in the full history tree.

> Ok, I guess the next things to be done then are:
>
> - Michael Schmitz' ESP driver fixes for the Cyberstorm SCSI

Finn's fixes actually, and no guarantee what I have in mind will
actually work.

> - Michael Karcher's xsurf100 driver
> - fixing Cybervision 64, 64/3D, Retina Z3
>
> Might also be an idea to have another Linux/m68k meeting to
> get these things done :-).

I won't be back in Europe before July next...

Cheers,

	Michael