From: Kurt Garloff <kurt@garloff.de>
To: linux-nfs <linux-nfs@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: linux-5.15.69 breaks nfs client
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 23:46:19 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

a freshly compiled 5.15.69 kernel showed hangs with NFS.
Typically mkdir would end up in a 'D' process state, but I
have seen ls -l hanging as well.
Server is kernel NFS 5.15.69.

After reverting the last three NFS related commits,
a68a734b19af NFS: Fix WARN_ON due to unionization of nfs_inode.nrequests
3b97deb4abf5 NFS: Fix another fsync() issue after a server reboot
31b992b3c39b NFS: Save some space in the inode

things work normally again.

As you can see, I suspected 31b992b3c39b ...

I know this report is light on details; if nothing like this has been
reported yet, let me know and I'll try to find some time to investigate
further.

PS: Please keep me on Cc, I'm not subscribed to linux-nfs.

Best,

--
Kurt Garloff <kurt@garloff.de>
Cologne, Germany