All of lore.kernel.org
From: Sinan Kaya <okaya@codeaurora.org>
To: Lukas Wunner <lukas@wunner.de>
Cc: Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@google.com>,
	Mika Westerberg <mika.westerberg@linux.intel.com>,
	Yehezkel Bernat <yehezkel.bernat@intel.com>,
	Michael Jamet <michael.jamet@intel.com>,
	linux-pci@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Regression (sort of): PCI/portdrv: Turn off PCIe services during shutdown
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 10:31:12 -0500	[thread overview]

On 1/12/2018 10:12 AM, Lukas Wunner wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 09:26:48AM -0500, Sinan Kaya wrote:
>> On 1/12/2018 5:49 AM, Lukas Wunner wrote:
>> I wonder if we can separate remove from shutdown and just disable the IRQs
>> in shutdown case rather than turning off the slot power etc.
>
> But don't we risk "IRQ xx: nobody cared" splats if we do that?

I assumed code was turning off the slot power etc. aggressively.

After looking at the code some more time, it seems to be doing the
right thing and telling pcie controller not to generate interrupts for
hotplug.

I think this is what is failing for you probably because by the time you are
shutting down there is nobody to issue the command completion. This would
repeat for each hotplug capable pcie slot.

static void pcie_disable_notification(struct controller *ctrl)
{
	u16 mask;

	mask = (PCI_EXP_SLTCTL_PDCE | PCI_EXP_SLTCTL_ABPE |
		PCI_EXP_SLTCTL_MRLSCE | PCI_EXP_SLTCTL_PFDE |
		PCI_EXP_SLTCTL_HPIE | PCI_EXP_SLTCTL_CCIE |
		PCI_EXP_SLTCTL_DLLSCE);
	pcie_write_cmd(ctrl, 0, mask);
	ctrl_dbg(ctrl, "%s: SLOTCTRL %x write cmd %x\n", __func__,
		 pci_pcie_cap(ctrl->pcie->port) + PCI_EXP_SLTCTL, 0);
}

Can you confirm this?

--
Sinan Kaya
Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies, Inc. as an affiliate of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.