Hi Richard, On 2/18/20 3:19 AM, Richard Röjfors wrote: > Hi, > > Ofono (at least for ublox) is always powering off the radio during start. > This can of course be handy of programmatic reasons to bring the modem > to a known state. > Some configuration requires the radio to be turned off;  for instance > the LTE auto connect APN. But on the other hand these are stored in > non-volatile memory and could be configured before hand. So by default we bring the device into airplane mode until the SIM card has been initialized. Also, the policy decision of bringing the radio up / down was left to external services such as ConnMan. > > The big drawback with turning it off is that it might take time to > register again when the radio is on. I have seen it taking more than 10 > minutes in extreme cases. > That's nuts. Shouldn't take more than a few seconds? > In embedded systems this can be a big issue. > Indeed. > I'm thinking of adding a configuration option to keep the radio on > during start. > > Whats the general thought about this? > Not sure. Are you certain that adding such low-level config options is the right approach? Even documenting / explaining what and why this configuration option is there would be challenging I imagine. Regards, -Denis