Hi James, >> software interface modes (can always be added): >> interface combinations are not supported >> Device supports scan flush. >> max # scan plans: 1 >> max scan plan interval: -1 >> max scan plan iterations: 0 >> Supported extended features: > > No extended features could be due to an outdated iw version, though my > thought was that is would support handshake offloading which is > somewhat old at this point. No, its just a really bad driver :) > > Since its working well for you I wouldn't worry about it, though I am > somewhat curious how exactly the 4-way handshake is working with a zero > MAC. Do you by chance see any eapol messages in your IWD logs (running > in debug mode): See how the driver doesn't support any interface combinations? It just means this device is stuck in station mode with a single interface. So the driver doesn't even bother setting a permanent address on the phy. It only sets it on the default netdev that was created. Since mac randomization is disabled by default, we keep using that one. We probably should limit AddressRandomizationRange setting for such drivers to 'full'. No offloading either for this driver, so you're stuck with WPA2 only. Regards, -Denis