* Add support for v4l2_ctrl_modify_dimensions()
@ 2022-06-21 12:17 Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2022-06-21 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Roumegue; +Cc: linux-media, Laurent Pinchart

Hi Xavier,

I added support for v4l2_ctrl_modify_dimensions() to this branch:

https://git.linuxtv.org/hverkuil/media_tree.git/log/?h=array_mod

It sits on top of the dynamic array control patches, which you already
have.

It's alpha quality and esp. request support hasn't been tested.

Let me know if this does what it needs to do, and then I'll clean
everything up and add more testing to v4l2-compliance.

Regards,

	Hans

* Re: Add support for v4l2_ctrl_modify_dimensions()
@ 2022-06-23  6:30 ` Xavier Roumegue (OSS)
From: Xavier Roumegue (OSS) @ 2022-06-23  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil; +Cc: linux-media, Laurent Pinchart

Hi Hans,

On 6/21/22 14:17, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> Hi Xavier,
>
> I added support for v4l2_ctrl_modify_dimensions() to this branch:
>
> https://git.linuxtv.org/hverkuil/media_tree.git/log/?h=array_mod
>
> It sits on top of the dynamic array control patches, which you already
> have.
Thanks for delivering this patch set so quickly.

> It's alpha quality and esp. request support hasn't been tested.
I haven't noticed any issues, this works like a charm.
I haven't tested request API as the dw100 driver does not really need
its support.

> Let me know if this does what it needs to do, and then I'll clean
> everything up and add more testing to v4l2-compliance.
This fulfills well my need. Can I send an updated patch set with this
wip API such as we could progress on the dw100 review while you are
cleaning and finalizing this new control ?

> Regards,
>
> 	Hans
Regards,
  Xavier

* Re: Add support for v4l2_ctrl_modify_dimensions()
@ 2022-06-23  6:50   ` Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2022-06-23  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Roumegue (OSS); +Cc: linux-media, Laurent Pinchart

On 23/06/2022 08:30, Xavier Roumegue (OSS) wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> On 6/21/22 14:17, Hans Verkuil wrote:
>> Hi Xavier,
>>
>> I added support for v4l2_ctrl_modify_dimensions() to this branch:
>>
>> https://git.linuxtv.org/hverkuil/media_tree.git/log/?h=array_mod
>>
>> It sits on top of the dynamic array control patches, which you already
>> have.
> Thanks for delivering this patch set so quickly.
>>
>> It's alpha quality and esp. request support hasn't been tested.
> I haven't noticed any issues, this works like a charm.
> I haven't tested request API as the dw100 driver does not really need its support.
>>
>> Let me know if this does what it needs to do, and then I'll clean
>> everything up and add more testing to v4l2-compliance.
> This fulfills well my need. Can I send an updated patch set with this wip API such as we could progress on the dw100 review while you are cleaning and finalizing this new control ?

Yes, as long as you clearly state in the cover letter of the patch series
that that the patches adding this are WIP.

Great to hear that it worked for you!

Regards,

	Hans