On 8/25/2016 10:20 AM, Doug Ledford wrote: > On 8/23/2016 2:54 PM, Jason Gunthorpe wrote: >> On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 03:43:52PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote: >> >>> The full install to / is still a small TODO, it is part and parcel >>> with doing the packaging, in my mind. >> >> I just pushed a basic starting point rpm spec file, it still needs to >> be split into multiple subpackages, but it is installable with all the >> usual paths. > > You can do that, but I routinely tell upstream maintainers that we don't > touch their spec files. Every distro modifies the spec file so heavily > for their own custom installation that it just doesn't make much sense > to worry about it at the upstream level. Build one that can be used > when running rpmbuild -ta and that's all you need. > > Also, patchworks dropped all of the patches that were pure deletes. Seems if there isn't some sort of patch to go along with the git delete or chmod commands, it doesn't think it's a real patch. -- Doug Ledford GPG Key ID: 0E572FDD