Hi Michael, On 5/18/22 07:36, Michael Johnson wrote: > Hi Denis, > > On Tue, 17 May 2022 at 20:23, Denis Kenzior wrote: >> If you intended this to be info, then do that. iwd prints l_info, l_error and >> l_warn messages by default and only l_debug is enabled via '-d'. > > This makes me think DHCP should just follow the same pattern for > simplicity. I have sent a new patch which always enable DHCP info > level logging and if the user sets IWD_DHCP_DEBUG then bump it up to > debug. > This patch is much simpler and doesn't change the behavior of the env > var but it comes with the downside of not being able to quieten it > (although that is similar to iwd). > > I have the v3 version of this patch ready with the string comparisons > if you prefer the first approach. Send it out and I'll ponder which one I like more. I think longer term, it might be desirable to be able to quiet down some of this output, even for iwd itself. Regards, -Denis