On 11/7/19 12:08 AM, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko wrote: > On Wed, 6 Nov 2019, 20:55 Michael Chang, wrote: > >> On Wed, Nov 06, 2019 at 11:15:04AM -0800, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko >> wrote: >>> Please don't do it this way. The right solution is to move it to separate >>> module and include zstd module when needed. >> >> I fully agree to work out a proper solution, but before that I think it >> is necessary to stop it from spread out going forward, as the running >> system upgrading to new version could be affected and the consequence is >> fatal - an unbootable system, qualified to be show stopper imho. >> > We don't do a release right now, so I don't think it's justified. Also > increase in size can easily come from a compiler. If an increase in size > can make system unbootable on upgrade, I'd rather be fixing this than just > pepper over it. Given grub 2.06 is on the horizon, is it time to re-evaluate this and disable something known to be badly broken? Failing that, is anyone working on making it a separate module? :) -- Eli Schwartz Arch Linux Bug Wrangler and Trusted User