All of lore.kernel.org
From: Frank Scheiner <frank.scheiner@web.de>
To: torvalds@linux-foundation.org
Cc: "Tomáš Glozar" <tglozar@gmail.com>,
	linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org,
	Linux-Arch <linux-arch@vger.kernel.org>,
	linux-ia64@vger.kernel.org,
	debian-ia64 <debian-ia64@lists.debian.org>,
	t2@t2sde.org
Subject: Re: Linux 6.7
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 16:40:45 +0100	[thread overview]

Dear all,

an update for Linux/ia64:

After finishing the verification tests with Linux v6.7 on all of my ia64
machines, I can confirm that this one is again a good one for ia64. I
didn't detect any regressions or new problems for this version and it
continues to run on the following machines:

* rx4640 (w/Madison)
* rx2620 (w/Montecito)
* rx2660 (w/Montecito)
* rx6600 (w/Montvale)
* rx2800 i2 (w/Tukwila)

..., as could be expected from the positive test results of all v6.7
release candidates on the same selection of machines.

Tomas maintains the ia64 patchset for Linux on [1] and you can find the
per Linux release (candidate) source code used for regular testing on
[2]. Please use the `[...]-w-ia64` branches.

[1]: https://github.com/lenticularis39/linux-ia64/

[2]: https://github.com/johnny-mnemonic/linux-ia64/

****

On the way to v6.7-w-ia64 we also managed to solve the mm problem on the
rx6600. The patch is on [3] at the moment and should be looking familiar
to loongson developers because there was a similar problem for loongson
([4]) after 61167ad5fecd got merged. Therefore Linux v6.7-w-ia64 is the
first release since v6.4 that works unmodified on the rx6600.

[3]:
https://github.com/lenticularis39/linux-ia64/commit/13a05b70f9a5a117560cafef0aa54425d6914550

[4]:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=b795fb9f5861ee256070d59e33130980a01fadd7

****

Also some good news for your choice of Linux distributions for ia64:

In the meantime, ia64 is not only still available in Debian Ports ([5])
and Gentoo ([6]), but we now also got another distribution - T2/Linux
([6]) - that supports it.

[5]: https://www.ports.debian.org/

[6]: https://www.gentoo.org/downloads/#ia64

[7]: https://t2sde.org/#news-2023-12-05

****

Thank you all for your hard work on Linux!

Cheers,
Frank et al