From: Soeren Moch <smoch@web.de>
To: u-boot@lists.denx.de
Subject: Fixing low-speed USB keyboard detection
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2020 18:46:32 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Stefan,

please do not top-post.

On 29.02.20 13:42, Stefan wrote:
> Hello Soeren!
>
> It will take me some time to prepare a proper patch, I just found the documentation of your patman tool. I am using Guix and created a package definition for U-Boot with these three fixes using regexp substitutions.
I never used these tools, just git and git-send-email. But maybe they
can be helpful for you.
> My time is quite limited for this weekend. I guess that you would be much faster preparing these three simple changes as a patch. So I would be glad, if you prepare a patch.
If you are not familiar with the u-boot patch submitting procedure, and
want to learn how to do it properly, then I'm happy to help.
If you just have no time to do it right, I certainly have better things
to do on _my_ weekend than writing patches for bugs that I don't see on
hardware I do not own, sorry.
> A proper commit message could be this: ?This patch works around issues of low-speed USB keyboards with the dwc2 USB interface. There was a need to press a key when "USB0: scanning bus 0 for devices..." was printed or otherwise there was the error "Timeout poll on interrupt endpoint" and the keyboard was not usable. This patch reverts the workaround from 5da2dc9789abecb1b018beb0c93f4c38c2985bc6 for non-working keyboards.?
Without looking into this in detail, I would expect this needs to be
sent as series of 3 patches to 2 different maintainers, and the u-boot
mailing list, of course. And please provide your full name for sign-off.

Regards,
Soeren